Who Can be Member
Honorary Members shall be chosen only from:
- A person of acknowledged eminence in planning or in art and science related there to but who are not engaged in the practice of that profession, the conferment of this distinction may, in exceptional cases, be for life time.
- Persons of distinction whom the Institute desires to honor for services rendered thereto, or whose association therewith is deemed to be of benefit to the Institute.
- The President of Bangladesh and the Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh and heads of other countries or any other person who may be elected in the Annual General Meeting on the Recommendation of the Board as Honorary Members during the tenure of their respective offices, provided necessary permission is obtained from appropriate authority beforehand.
Every candidate for admission into the Institute as a Fellow or for up-gradation from Member shall produce evidence satisfactory to the Board that he/she satisfies the following conditions:
- Age: He/she is not be less than forty years of age.
- Qualifications: He/she has been a continuous corporate member of the Institute (continuous membership means that a member who has regularly paid his/her subscription without default for more than three years consecutively at any time after he/she was first admitted as a corporate member of the Institute) for the last ten years and has fulfilled conditions necessary for membership.
Members shall satisfy following conditions:
- Qualifications: He/she shall have the following qualifications:
- He/she has completed a course of studies in Urban and Regional/Rural/Physical Planning leading to a Degree 4 years Bachelor Degree/18 months Master Degree/equivalent Degree recognized by the Institute) as exempting from the examinations required for membership.
- He/she has completed two-year term as Associate Member.
Associate Members shall satisfy the following qualifications:
- He/she has completed a course of studies in Urban and Regional/Rural/Physical Planning leading to a Degree (4 years Bachelor Degree/18 months Master Degree/equivalent degree recognized by the Institute) as exempting him/her from passing examinations required for membership.
- Persons without the aforesaid professional degrees shall have to qualify in the examination conducted by BIP for admission as Associate Member.
Every student candidate for attachment to the Institute as student member with the object of becoming engaged in the planning profession as a planner shall not be less that 18 (eighteen) years of age and shall have the following qualifications at the time of application.
- He/she shall be attending a regular course of studies leading to a degree in planning or equivalent course organized by the Institute.
- The Board may at its discretion attach to the Institute as an Affiliated Member any expatriate fellow professional or member of Planning Professional Institutes of foreign countries. Such members shall have to pay admission fee and annual subscription equal to the fee payable by the corporate members. The Affiliated Members shall enjoy the right and privileges of non-corporate members.
- The Board may at its discretion attach to the Institute as a Subscriber any Department of the Government, Public Body, Registered Company, Firm or Individual, not eligible to become Fellow, Member, Associate Member or Student Member who may desire to be so attached. Each subscriber shall be entitled to attend or (if the subscriber be other than an individual) to depute representatives to attend the annual convention as observer.