27 Oct 2021
Registration Notice: Virtual Sessions of ICURP-2021
International Conference on Urban and Regional Planning (ICURP) 2021
** Registration is now open for virtual sessions
Registration Link: https://icurp.bip.org.bd/icurp-2021-virtual-session-registration/
We are very happy to announce that, Bangladesh Institute of Planners (BIP), Country’s apex National Professional Body for Urban, Regional and Rural Planners in Bangladesh, with support from Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bangladesh, is going to organize International Conference on Urban and Regional Planning (ICURP) 2021 with the theme ‘Planning for Inclusiveness and Sustainability in Post Pandemic Era’ which is going to be held on October 30 - November 06, 2021.
BIP has the pleasure to organize ICURP 2021 in association with dierent Government, Non-Government and International Organizations, namely General Economic Divisions (GED) of Planning Commission, Rural Development and Co-operatives Division (RDCD), Urban Development Directorate (UDD), Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC), Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha (RAJUK), Dhaka Water and Sewerage Authority (DWASA), National Housing Authority, Dhaka Transport Coordination Authority (DTCA), Save the Children, UN-Habitat, Food and Agriculture Organization, World Bank, City Development Journalist Forum Bangladesh (CDJFB). International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP) is the global partner of this International Conference.
However, Due to the current extraordinary situation around the globe, this year ICURP 2021 will be held in combination of physical events and virtual sessions, which will certainly widen the scope for planners and the professionals from home and abroad to participate in this International Conference. Inauguration Ceremony and a Plenary Session of ICURP 2021 will be held at Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) on 30 October 2021 while the other sessions of this Conference will be held on virtually from 31 October to 06 November 2021.
Major thematic areas for the ICURP conference are as follows:
1. Urban Planning and Management for Sustainable Development
2. Redeveloping Urban Areas for attaining Sustainability
3. Regional Development and Rural Planning for Balanced Development
4. Environmental Planning, Disaster Management and Climate Resiliency for Sustainable Development
5. Regenerating Public Space and Recreational Facilities
6. Sustainable Planning of Cities and Regions for Integrated Development
7. Planning for Sustainable Utilities and Services
8. Planning for Sustainable Transport and Infrastructures
9. Sustainable Cities and Settlements for Inclusive Development
10. Housing, Community and Settlement Planning for Sustainability